SAPIC is an APA Accredited Internship Program
Applicants can access information about application procedures through SAPIC’s website and through SAPIC’s program listing with APPIC.
Applicants can also contact the Director of SAPIC:
Mayday Levine-Mata, PsyD
SAPIC/La Frontera Center
595 S Meyer Ave
Tucson, AZ 85701
All applicants must use the APPIC match process, and follow the deadlines specified within our APPIC listing.
1. A completed application must include the following:
- The APPI application form (both parts, all essays).
- A cover letter or brief statement that outlines:
- Your reasons for being interested in SAPIC,
- Your immediate and long term career goals, and
- What rotations you are applying for.
2. Recruitment Process and Procedures
Applications are reviewed by SAPIC faculty and current interns. Based on this review, applicants with training needs and professional goals that are consistent with SAPIC’s training model will be invited to come to Tucson during one of three days in January. During this visit, applicants will meet with staff and interns. Formal individual interviews (30–40 minutes) will be conducted at this time.