SAPIC is an APA Accredited Internship Program
Applicants can access information about application procedures through SAPIC’s website and through SAPIC’s program listing with APPIC.
Applicants can also contact the Director of SAPIC:
Jennifer Breslin, Ph.D.
SAPIC/La Frontera Center
502 West 29th Street
Tucson, AZ 85713
All applicants must use the APPIC match process, and follow the deadlines specified within our APPIC listing.
A completed application must include the following:
1.Serious Mental Illness Services
- The APPI application form (both parts, all essays).
- A decontextualized integrative assessment report
- A cover letter or brief statement that outlines:
- The applicant’s reasons for interest in SAPIC,
- His/her career goals, and
- In which rotations the applicant is interested.
2. Recruitment Process and Procedures
Applications are reviewed by SAPIC faculty and current interns. Based on this review, applicants with training needs and professional goals that are consistent with SAPIC’s training model will be invited to come to Tucson during one of three days in January. During this visit, applicants will meet with staff and interns. Formal individual interviews (30–40 minutes) will be conducted at this time.
APA Commission on Accreditation contact information:American Psychological Association
Program Consultation and Accreditation
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242