SAPIC is an APA Accredited Internship Program
Doctoral candidates in professional psychology graduate programs who have met the requirements below may apply for internships. SAPIC will only accept candidates from APA accredited clinical, counseling, or school psychology programs.
The following must be completed by the application deadline (with the exception of practicum experience):
- At least three years of graduate school at a regionally accredited, degree-granting clinical, counseling, or school psychology doctoral program,
- All coursework completed,
- 600 hours of direct practicum experience
- A minimum of 4 comprehensive assessments, to include intelligence, memory, and/or achievement testing,
- Committee approval of dissertation proposal,
- Successful completion of Comprehensive Examinations before the application deadline and,
- An applicant must be certified as ready to apply for internship by the Director of Training of his or her graduate program, as listed in Part II of the APPIC application form.
• All matches are contingent upon successful completion of an employment physical, reference checks, compliance with the U.S. Government Eligibility Verification form (I-9) and background checks including an Arizona Motor Vehicle Driving Record for the previous three years. Applicants who have more than two moving violations, one DUI, or have driven without a registration will be dismissed from the internship.
APA Commission on Accreditation contact information:American Psychological Association
Program Consultation and Accreditation
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242